Apple may have planted iWatch leaks 'out of desperation', says report
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
Tech giant Apple may have planted iWatch leaks in to show the world it is still innovating, a report has claimed.
According to Forbes contributor Nigam Arora, one theory is that Apple wanted to let the world know it is developing a smartwatch since rumors of a similar offering being developed by Samsung emerged last month.
Arora also suggested that Apple might have planted the stories "out of desperation" to show that it is not a two-trick pony with the iPhone and iPad, and it's still innovating, Fox News reports.
He wrote that Apple boss Tim Cook has been talking about innovation, but not many seem to believe him.'
At Goldman's conference, Cook said that innovation culture at Apple has never been stronger. Perhaps Apple leaked details of iWatch to put some meat on the statement by Cook, he added.
- Fencing of Shakti Mills complete, PWD tells HC
- Muslim bodies urge voters to defeat ‘non-secular forces’
- Gandhis looted the nation: Modi
- Meagre pay, stress fuelling aggression in drivers: Gurgaon transport official
- North corpn orders probe against senior official after complaint by colleague
- Malfunctioning traffic light not repaired despite complaints