Apple may have planted iWatch leaks 'out of desperation', says report
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Tech giant Apple may have planted iWatch leaks in to show the world it is still innovating, a report has claimed.
According to Forbes contributor Nigam Arora, one theory is that Apple wanted to let the world know it is developing a smartwatch since rumors of a similar offering being developed by Samsung emerged last month.
Arora also suggested that Apple might have planted the stories "out of desperation" to show that it is not a two-trick pony with the iPhone and iPad, and it's still innovating, Fox News reports.
He wrote that Apple boss Tim Cook has been talking about innovation, but not many seem to believe him.'
At Goldman's conference, Cook said that innovation culture at Apple has never been stronger. Perhaps Apple leaked details of iWatch to put some meat on the statement by Cook, he added.