Apple store gives 'porn-laced' Twitter Vine app 'adult rating'
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Twitter's new video sharing app Vine has been given adult rating on Apple's store.
Vine has had its age rating increased to 17+ on Apple''s store, the highest option.
The software had previously been rated suitable for 12-year-olds.
The move comes in the wake of complaints that some of its six-second segments were pornographic.
According to the BBC, Vine is not yet available for Android, but Google Play rates its 500px app as having a "high maturity" content rating, while Tumblr is marked as "low maturity".
The app had previously made headlines after one of its Editor''s Pick showed a couple engaged in a sexual act.
Shortly after the clip''s selection it entered the app''s "popular now" list, signalling it was one of the product''s most viewed videos.
Twitter later apologised, blaming "human error".