Arabian stallion accused of ‘raping and murdering’ racehorse
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: KKR lose two in a hurry against RCB
A Malaysian lodged a report against a stallion for 'raping' and 'murdering' his racehorse.
The 35-year-old owner of the mare lodged the report on Jan 21, to obtain the autopsy results from Universiti Putra Malaysia's veterinary clinic on the cause of her death at a stable, the Star Online reported.
The businessman from Kampung Pandan Dalam, who was the victim's owner, said that the results were needed as a proof to remove the suspect, an Arabian stallion, from the place before he attacked and killed other horses.
The owner was alerted by a caretaker of the stable who found the mare lying on the ground and shivering at about 8am that day.
The businessman said that the caretaker was shocked to find injuries on the head, bite marks on the back and the mare bleeding profusely from the private parts.
According to the report, the stallion was apparently left in the mare's enclosure for a day due to space constraints at the stable.
The caretaker contacted a veterinarian from the Cheras Veterinary Department who confirmed that the mare was in a serious condition and needed urgent medical attention.
Another veterinarian from UPM's veterinary unit came to provide medical aid at about 10am but the mare died about an hour later.
The businessman asserted that the initial checks by the second veterinarian showed the mare was probably "raped" and "killed" by the forcefulness of the stallion.
A police spokesman confirmed that the report was lodged.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling