Arabul ‘healthy’, to be discharged from hospital today
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The five-member medical board constituted to look into Trinamool Congress strongman Arabul Islam's health on Wednesday said his condition is stable and he will be released from the hospital on Friday.
Arabul, who was arrested on January 17 in connection with the assault on former CPM minister Abdur Rezzak Mollah, got himself admitted to SSKM Hospital within 24 hours of his arrest complaining chest pain. As a result, police, which had got his custody, did not get time to interrogate him.
Dr Tamal Ghosh, Medical Superintendent of the hospital, Arabul will be kept under observation for a day as he vomited several times on Thursday. According to him, his condition is stable and can be released from the hospital after a day. The board conducted an ECG and found no abnormality in the functioning of his heart. A blood sugar test conducted today was normal. The lipid profile test have been done and he is responding well to treatment, a member of the medical board said.
Earlier, the hospital shifted him out of the ICU, after the medical board concluded that he was not likely to suffer any cardiac arrest.