Arabul ‘healthy’, to be discharged from hospital today
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The five-member medical board constituted to look into Trinamool Congress strongman Arabul Islam's health on Wednesday said his condition is stable and he will be released from the hospital on Friday.
Arabul, who was arrested on January 17 in connection with the assault on former CPM minister Abdur Rezzak Mollah, got himself admitted to SSKM Hospital within 24 hours of his arrest complaining chest pain. As a result, police, which had got his custody, did not get time to interrogate him.
Dr Tamal Ghosh, Medical Superintendent of the hospital, Arabul will be kept under observation for a day as he vomited several times on Thursday. According to him, his condition is stable and can be released from the hospital after a day. The board conducted an ECG and found no abnormality in the functioning of his heart. A blood sugar test conducted today was normal. The lipid profile test have been done and he is responding well to treatment, a member of the medical board said.
Earlier, the hospital shifted him out of the ICU, after the medical board concluded that he was not likely to suffer any cardiac arrest.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties