Arabul Islam's wife visits jail on Sunday, denied meeting
- Delhi's dengue-chikungunya crisis: AAP ministers meet LG Najeeb Jung
- Mormugao, Indian Navy's advanced guided missile destroyer, launched in Mumbai
- Why am I always unhappy, wrote student who committed suicide at Hyderabad University
- Kashmir teenager found dead with pellet injuries, death toll rises to 81
- I am a disciplined swayamsevak: Manohar Parrikar on RSS-Goa rumblings
Citing legal hurdles, jail authorities on Sunday denied permission to wife of Arabul Islam , the Trinamool Congress strongman from Bhangor in South 24-Parganas district, to meet him. Arabul is at present lodged in Alipore jail on charges of rioting and arson. His wife came to meet him in the afternoon but was not denied permission.
Superintendent of Alipore jail Chittranjan Garai told The Indian Express," How can we break our rule for one person? According to the jail manual, visitors can only visit and speak with the inmates from Monday to Saturday."
Senior officials of the jail administration said that in the list prepared by jail authorities for visitors to meet the inmates, Arabul's relatives are supposed to come on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Arabul was discharged from SSKM Hospital on Friday and sent to 14 days in jail custody by a local court. His bail plea was also rejected.
- Slaughter bans are an economic disincentive for farmers to rear cattle
- No proof required: Blind men in search of inflation
- Pakistan needs to cleanse itself of terror before internationalising issues with India
- PM promised minimum government, maximum governance. Why can’t AAP implement it in Delhi?
- India's research institutes are far behind on social media outreach
- PDS has improved in West Bengal, but it’s still not up to mark