ArcelorMittal to close steel plant in Belgium
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
The world's leading steel and mining company ArcelorMittal has announced it will close a coke plant and six production lines in Belgium, in a move that threatens 1,300 jobs. The company says collapsing demand for steel and structural overcapacity in the sector have forced it to close a coke plant and other facilities in eastern Liege, which has a steel industry going back two centuries.