ArcelorMittal to sell 50% stake in Kalagadi Manganese
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The world's largest steelmaker ArcelorMittal on Thursday said it has reached a pact to sell its 50 per cent stake in South African miner Kalagadi Manganese for $447 million to chairperson of joint venture partner Kalahari Resources.
"A definitive agreement has been reached whereby Mashile-Nkosi, or her nominee will acquire ArcelorMittal's 50 per cent interest in Kalagadi Manganese," ArcelorMittal said in a statement. The company said it will receive "a cash consideration of not less than 3.9 billion South African Rand, which is approximately $ 447 million, on closing of a sale and purchase agreement (SPA)."
The proposed transaction will be subject to financing arrangements.
The SPA was executed on 14 November 2012, and on completion of the transaction Kalahari Resources will hold 40 per cent interest in Kalagadi Manganese; Mashile-Nkosi, or her nominee, will hold 50 per cent with the remaining 10 per cent interest held by the Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Ltd.
Mashile-Nkosi is the executive chairperson of the Kalagadi Manganese. She is also the chairperson and founder of Kalahari Resources and holds a number of positions in other South Afrincan firms with a strong background in the fields of business, banking, politics and gender issues.
Kalagadi Manganese has been involved in the exploration for Manganese in the Kalahari Basin.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express