Arjun Munda govt collapsed due to divorce between BJP and JMM: Lalu
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
The Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand has collapsed due to 'divorce' between the ruling coalition partners, RJD chief Lalu Prasad said on Wednesday and demanded that the Assembly be put under suspended animation.
RJD has five MLAs in the 81-member Jharkhand Assembly.
"The Arjun Munda government has collapsed following divorce between BJP and JMM," he said.
The best possible scenario will be that the state Assembly should be put under suspended animation for the time being so that the option of formation of a secular government could be explored, he said.
The BJP-led government in Jharkhand collapsed after coalition partner JMM withdrew support to it on Monday. Chief Minister Arjun Munda yesterday resigned and recommended dissolution of the Assembly.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18