Arjun Munda govt collapsed due to divorce between BJP and JMM: Lalu
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
The Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand has collapsed due to 'divorce' between the ruling coalition partners, RJD chief Lalu Prasad said on Wednesday and demanded that the Assembly be put under suspended animation.
RJD has five MLAs in the 81-member Jharkhand Assembly.
"The Arjun Munda government has collapsed following divorce between BJP and JMM," he said.
The best possible scenario will be that the state Assembly should be put under suspended animation for the time being so that the option of formation of a secular government could be explored, he said.
The BJP-led government in Jharkhand collapsed after coalition partner JMM withdrew support to it on Monday. Chief Minister Arjun Munda yesterday resigned and recommended dissolution of the Assembly.