Arjun Munda govt collapsed due to divorce between BJP and JMM: Lalu
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
The Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand has collapsed due to 'divorce' between the ruling coalition partners, RJD chief Lalu Prasad said on Wednesday and demanded that the Assembly be put under suspended animation.
RJD has five MLAs in the 81-member Jharkhand Assembly.
"The Arjun Munda government has collapsed following divorce between BJP and JMM," he said.
The best possible scenario will be that the state Assembly should be put under suspended animation for the time being so that the option of formation of a secular government could be explored, he said.
The BJP-led government in Jharkhand collapsed after coalition partner JMM withdrew support to it on Monday. Chief Minister Arjun Munda yesterday resigned and recommended dissolution of the Assembly.