Arjun Munda govt collapsed due to divorce between BJP and JMM: Lalu
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
The Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand has collapsed due to 'divorce' between the ruling coalition partners, RJD chief Lalu Prasad said on Wednesday and demanded that the Assembly be put under suspended animation.
RJD has five MLAs in the 81-member Jharkhand Assembly.
"The Arjun Munda government has collapsed following divorce between BJP and JMM," he said.
The best possible scenario will be that the state Assembly should be put under suspended animation for the time being so that the option of formation of a secular government could be explored, he said.
The BJP-led government in Jharkhand collapsed after coalition partner JMM withdrew support to it on Monday. Chief Minister Arjun Munda yesterday resigned and recommended dissolution of the Assembly.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress