Arjun Rampal, Shruti Haasan get intimate in 'D-Day'
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Nikhil Advani's upcoming action drama D-Day is all set to release this July. The film's teaser promo was recently released, followed by Rishi Kapoor's look in the film.
In the film, Shruti Haasan will be seen playing the role of a prostitute from Karachi, Pakistan, while Arjun Rampal will be seen playing Rudra Pratap Singh.
Interestingly, Arjun's character infiltrates Karachi where he manages to hole up inside a brothel while his mission preparations are in process. There he meets Shruti's character, post which they fall in love as they realise that their physical scars are matched by the emotional baggage they carry.
Speaking about the character, Nikhil says, "I was thrilled when Shruti agreed to play the role. I had seen her powerhouse performance in the Tamil film 3 and only wanted her. The role is very edgy and shocking in terms of the sacrifices that her character has to make for the man she has fallen in love with..."
D-Day which also features Rishi Kapoor, Irrfan Khan and Huma Qureshi is produced by DAR Motion Pictures and Emmay Entertainment Private Limited and is slated for release on July 19, 2013.