Arjun Rampal, Shruti Haasan get intimate in 'D-Day'
- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- April 8 Campaign roundup: TDP, BJP still grappling with seat sharing issues; Mamata seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
Nikhil Advani's upcoming action drama D-Day is all set to release this July. The film's teaser promo was recently released, followed by Rishi Kapoor's look in the film.
In the film, Shruti Haasan will be seen playing the role of a prostitute from Karachi, Pakistan, while Arjun Rampal will be seen playing Rudra Pratap Singh.
Interestingly, Arjun's character infiltrates Karachi where he manages to hole up inside a brothel while his mission preparations are in process. There he meets Shruti's character, post which they fall in love as they realise that their physical scars are matched by the emotional baggage they carry.
Speaking about the character, Nikhil says, "I was thrilled when Shruti agreed to play the role. I had seen her powerhouse performance in the Tamil film 3 and only wanted her. The role is very edgy and shocking in terms of the sacrifices that her character has to make for the man she has fallen in love with..."
D-Day which also features Rishi Kapoor, Irrfan Khan and Huma Qureshi is produced by DAR Motion Pictures and Emmay Entertainment Private Limited and is slated for release on July 19, 2013.