Arjun says I'm respectful towards Sridevi, Ranveer denies dating Deepika
- Elections 2014 LIVE: It's official, Arvind Kejriwal to contest against Narendra Modi from Varanasi
- Sealed envelope contains 'serious allegations', Srinivasan must step down for fair probe, says SC
- After eggs, ink thrown at Arvind Kejriwal in Varansi
- Rajnath Singh counters Sushma Swaraj, says decision on Jaswant Singh taken by CEC
- IM Indian commander Tehseen Akhtar arrested, India calls it a 'huge success against terror'
This weekend's episode with 'Koffee With Karan' season 4 had Bollywood heartthrobs Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh. The boys, who will be seen in Yash Raj Films' 'Gunday' along with Priyanka Chopra, were super-entertaining giving host Karan Johar a hard time as he struggled to keep things on track.
Arjun and Ranveer seemed to share a great camaraderie as they joked, laughed, sang, danced and not to mention were totally all over each other.
However, there were some serious moments as well. Arjun Kapoor, who barely came on the scene a couple of years ago, decided to tell-all about his producer father Boney Kapoor, his relationship with his stepmother Sridevi and about his late mother Mona Shourie Kapoor's illness and death.
About his equation with his father, Arjun Kapoor said, "It's very good. We've bridged it over the course of these years. It takes time because he shifted out when I was 10 and Anshula, my sister was 5. Mom continued living in the same joint family, the same house but it's never the same. Things change… people's perspective towards my mother changed. My mother had a tough time dealing with it on her own."
"Whatever she sacrificed to make me reach where I am and my sister, to be able to do things in terms of securing us financially, emotionally, making us stable and being able to dream of having a better future. She hasn't lived to see that."
He also spoke about his mother battling with cancer and passing away months before his first film. "I got to know about her cancer when it was in the third stage to add to that I was just about to start shooting."
When it came to his father's wife Sridevi, the actor said, "My mother taught me to be respectful to everybody. My mother allowed me to develop my own equation with each and every person including her. She never fed it in me to be a certain way. I went on holidays with my father even after they separated and my father's family was along. He has two other children as well. The dynamics will be complicated. It will never be normal - 'We Are Family' concept. It doesn't end like films do. You'll never live happily ever after but life goes on. I'm respectful towards her because she is my father's wife. She will always remain that. My father is very happy with her and for me that is important."
- Indian Mujahideen operative’s trainer suspected to be same man named by Headley
- Cong won’t contest Mainpuri, Kannauj
- ‘It seems like a re-birth, I never expected to see my family again’
- Dev’s rape analogy draws widespread criticism
- Nigerian murdered by compatriot in Kondhwa society
- Pune’s TDR king lists assets worth mere Rs 4.5 crore, has no vehicle