Arjun Tendulkar selected in Mumbai U-14 squad for BCCI matches
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Sachin Tendulkar's son Arjun has been selected to play for Mumbai U-14 in the West Zone leg matches of the BCCI tournament which will be held in Ahmedabad from January 20 to February 1.
Arjun, who is 13-year-old, bats left-handed and scored his maiden century at the U-14 level for Khar Gymkhana at the Cross Maidan against Goregaon Centre.
His innings of 124 had 14 boundaries and a six which helped Khar Gymkhana beat GC by an innings and 21 runs. This century helped break into the Mumbai U-14 probables list for an off-season training.
The teenager has been in the news in junior cricket circle in Mumbai for his all-round abilities as he once scalped eight for 22 bowling left-arm pace for Dhirubhai Ambani International School helping them beat Jamnabai Narsee School, back in November 2011.
Born on September 24, 1999, Arjun often goes to the stadium to watch his father play.
Mumbai U-14 Squad: Akash Savla, Darshan Padare, Vaishnav Narvekar, Tanush Kotian, Arjun Tendulkar, Azim Shaikh, Omkar Rahate, Abhishek Shetty, Agni Chopra, Druv Vedak, Hashir Dafedar, Manas Raikar, Jay Dave, Jahangir Ansari, Yash Joshi.