Arjun Tendulkar selected in Mumbai U-14 squad for BCCI matches
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Sachin Tendulkar's son Arjun has been selected to play for Mumbai U-14 in the West Zone leg matches of the BCCI tournament which will be held in Ahmedabad from January 20 to February 1.
Arjun, who is 13-year-old, bats left-handed and scored his maiden century at the U-14 level for Khar Gymkhana at the Cross Maidan against Goregaon Centre.
His innings of 124 had 14 boundaries and a six which helped Khar Gymkhana beat GC by an innings and 21 runs. This century helped break into the Mumbai U-14 probables list for an off-season training.
The teenager has been in the news in junior cricket circle in Mumbai for his all-round abilities as he once scalped eight for 22 bowling left-arm pace for Dhirubhai Ambani International School helping them beat Jamnabai Narsee School, back in November 2011.
Born on September 24, 1999, Arjun often goes to the stadium to watch his father play.
Mumbai U-14 Squad: Akash Savla, Darshan Padare, Vaishnav Narvekar, Tanush Kotian, Arjun Tendulkar, Azim Shaikh, Omkar Rahate, Abhishek Shetty, Agni Chopra, Druv Vedak, Hashir Dafedar, Manas Raikar, Jay Dave, Jahangir Ansari, Yash Joshi.