arms cache seized from Bhangar
- Narendra Modi tears into the dynastic politics of Naveen and Rahul, calls Orissa CM 'nikamma'
- Mumbai Shakti Mills gang-rape convicts sentenced to death for repeat offence
- Bukhari supports Congress, says communalism bigger threat
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- ICC World Twenty20: Virat Kohli special takes India into final
In the last three days, police have seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition from Bhangar in South 24-Parganas district. On Thursday, police seized four single barrel guns, one pistol, three single shotter, ten rounds of ammunition from Bhangar, Kashipur and KLC police station area, said a senior police officer. "We have started conducting raids in the area and they will continue until cache of illegal arms keep getting unearthed from the area. We have arrested three persons in the arms seizure case," said police. Before the arrest of Arabul Islam, hardly any raids were conducted in Bhangar by police in the last one and half years.