arms cache seized from Bhangar
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
In the last three days, police have seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition from Bhangar in South 24-Parganas district. On Thursday, police seized four single barrel guns, one pistol, three single shotter, ten rounds of ammunition from Bhangar, Kashipur and KLC police station area, said a senior police officer. "We have started conducting raids in the area and they will continue until cache of illegal arms keep getting unearthed from the area. We have arrested three persons in the arms seizure case," said police. Before the arrest of Arabul Islam, hardly any raids were conducted in Bhangar by police in the last one and half years.