Arms haul case: Charges against Ansari to be framed next month
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
- DMK has room for Raja, Baalu, not for Alagiri
A local court is likely to frame charges against LeT operative and key 26/11 handler Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal next month in the 2006 Aurangabad Arms Haul Case.
"The (MCOCA) court has issued production warrant against Jundal for January 9 and charges are likely to be framed on that date," said Jundal's lawyer Ejaz Naqvi.
The warrant was issued after Jundal told the court that he wanted to talk to his lawyer before the framing of charges, Naqvi said. Jundal was on Wednesday produced in the court via video link from Tihar jail.
Meanwhile special public prosecutor Raja Takare told the court that charges under Unlawful Activities (Prevention)Act, Explosives Act, Explosives Substance Act, Indian Penal Code and Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) were maintained against Jundal.
When the court told the official of the Tihar jail, who also appeared via video link, to produce Jundal on January 9, he told the court that Jundal was in the custody of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate's (CMM) court, Delhi, and he cannot be sent to Mumbai without his direction.
The jail official said that the CMM would be joining office on January 1, after which the court issued a production warrant, said Naqvi.
Neither Yerwada jail nor Arthur Road jail authorities have filed their replies to the notice issued by the court as to which prison Jundal will be lodged in.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress