ARMS-2012 seminar to begin on Thursday
- PM clarifies, says OROP will apply to those leaving armed forces early
- No directions, only suggestions from RSS: Rajnath Singh
- Meet Lydia Sebastian, 12-year-old Indian-origin girl with IQ higher than Albert Einstein
- Sheena murder case: Indrani taken to her Worli residence for further probe
- Agitation in Manipur continues, protesters torch district council members' quarters
The Eighth National Seminar and Exhibition on Aerospace and Related Mechanisms (ARMS 2012) will begin on Thursday at Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune under the aegis of INSARM. The seminar is being jointly organised by DRDO, ISRO and HAL and is being sponsored by government agencies and private industries such as Bharat Forge Ltd, HYT Innovative Pvt Ltd, Paras Flow Form Engineering Ltd, HBL Power Systems Ltd among others.
The first national seminar was conducted at VSSC in Thiruvananthapuram in 1985 and second was conducted in 1996 at VSSC and thereafter the seminar is regularly conducted every two years alternately by ISRO and DRDO.
INSARM was formed in 1999 during the third seminar and was inaugurated by former president of India Dr. APJ Addul Kalam at DRDL, Hyderabad to promote interaction of scientists and engineers working in this area.
ARMS-2012 seminar will focus on recent advances in mechanisms for defence and aerospace especially related to design, modelling, testing, and analysis.
An exhibition of newly developed mechanisms and products is also being arranged as part of the seminar. Exhibits of working models and posters of mechanisms and actual products from ISRO, DRDO Labs and industries will be displayed during the event.