ARMS-2012 seminar to begin on Thursday
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
The Eighth National Seminar and Exhibition on Aerospace and Related Mechanisms (ARMS 2012) will begin on Thursday at Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune under the aegis of INSARM. The seminar is being jointly organised by DRDO, ISRO and HAL and is being sponsored by government agencies and private industries such as Bharat Forge Ltd, HYT Innovative Pvt Ltd, Paras Flow Form Engineering Ltd, HBL Power Systems Ltd among others.
The first national seminar was conducted at VSSC in Thiruvananthapuram in 1985 and second was conducted in 1996 at VSSC and thereafter the seminar is regularly conducted every two years alternately by ISRO and DRDO.
INSARM was formed in 1999 during the third seminar and was inaugurated by former president of India Dr. APJ Addul Kalam at DRDL, Hyderabad to promote interaction of scientists and engineers working in this area.
ARMS-2012 seminar will focus on recent advances in mechanisms for defence and aerospace especially related to design, modelling, testing, and analysis.
An exhibition of newly developed mechanisms and products is also being arranged as part of the seminar. Exhibits of working models and posters of mechanisms and actual products from ISRO, DRDO Labs and industries will be displayed during the event.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?