Armstrong tops Forbes list of most disliked athletes
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Disgraced US cyclist Lance Armstrong has topped a new list by Forbes magazine of the most disliked athletes.
According to the list, Armstrong narrowly passed American football player Manti, who reportedly faked the death of a fictitious girlfriend to gain appeal, to be on the top of the list, after both got only 15 percent votes in a survey, Sport24 reports.
Manti, who got second place in Heisman Trophy voting as last season''s top player which made him a top National Football League prospect, reportedly faked the death of a fictitious girlfriend to gain sympathy.
Third on the list, at 19 percent appeal, is 14-time major golf champion Tiger Woods, following an epic sex scandal that destroyed his marriage and damaged his marketing image and sponsorship deals.
Other sportsmen on the list are NFL Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, Alex Rodriguez of Major League Baseball's New York Yankees, NFL Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, US stock car racer Kurt Busch,World's team mate Kobe Bryant and NFL Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students