Army Chief General Bikram Singh to review PoP of NDA
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
The Passing-out-Parade will be held on November 29
Army Chief General Bikram Singh will review the Passing-out-Parade of the 123rd course of the National Defence Academy (NDA) on November 29. Last year, former General V K Singh reviewed the PoP of the 122nd course of NDA on the last day of his office. This is the first time that an alumnus of the Academy, will be reviewing the PoP of NDA.
Earlier, he reviewed the PoP of the Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala on November 25. A press release issued by the Press Information Bureau, Ministry of Defence said, "The Passing-out-Parade of the
123rd NDA course will be held on November 29. General Bikram Singh, the Chief of the Army Staff will be chief guest (the reviewing officer)." The General will also be reviewing the PoP of the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun on December 8.
The convocation of the NDA will be held on November 28, where Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will be the chief guest. The 123rd course of the NDA joined in January 2010. After passing out, the cadets will be sent to their respective finishing academies — the Air Force Academy (AFA), the Indian Naval Academy (INA) and the Indian Military Academy (IMA). After completing year-long training in these academies, they will be commissioned as junior officers in their respective services.