Army chief to visit Lance Naik Sudhakar's family on Jan 18
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mulayam Singh files nomination from Azamgarh; Third FIR against Giriraj Singh
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
Army chief General Bikram Singh would pay a visit to the family members of martyr Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh at his native Dadhiya village in Sidhi district of Madhya Pradesh on January 18.
Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh would also accompany General Singh, official sources said here today.
A special team of Army has already reached here to prepare for the General's trip, they said.
On January 8, the two soldiers – Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj Singh were killed near the LoC by Pakistani troops. The jawans belonged to 13 Rajputana Rifles.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready