Army chief to visit Lance Naik Sudhakar's family on Jan 18
- 3.5 lakh well-off people have given up subsidised LPGs: PM Narendra Modi
- Meghalaya CM compares Rahul Gandhi to Alfred the Great, king who returned to conquer
- Naxals kill 7 of elite force in Sukma
- Across the Aisle: Land acquisition - Nine steps to nirvana
- India's Sons: What does it mean to be a man in India?
Army chief General Bikram Singh would pay a visit to the family members of martyr Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh at his native Dadhiya village in Sidhi district of Madhya Pradesh on January 18.
Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh would also accompany General Singh, official sources said here today.
A special team of Army has already reached here to prepare for the General's trip, they said.
On January 8, the two soldiers – Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj Singh were killed near the LoC by Pakistani troops. The jawans belonged to 13 Rajputana Rifles.