Army Jawan hangs self over failed love affair
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
Depressed over a failed love affair, a sepoy with the Indian Army committed suicide at the residence of his beloved at the police lines in Ghatkopar on Friday.
The deceased, Amol Landge (28), is a Sangli native, and had come to Mumbai to visit a female constable who stays in police lines.
When he did not come out of the bathroom for a long time, the constable found him hanging from the grills of an overhead window.
She called the police and Landge was rushed to Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar where he was declared dead on arrival. Inquiries indicated that Landge took the extreme step as he was unable to marry the constable.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since