Army Jawan hangs self over failed love affair
- Somnath Bharti surrenders before police, says was not evading arrest
- Strong evidence of flowing salt water on Mars: Study
- Obama at UNGA, asks world to unite in fight against terrorism
- Congress insulting Modi's devotion to his mother is pathetic: BJP
- No evidence against ex-PM Manmohan Singh in coal scam case: CBI to court
Depressed over a failed love affair, a sepoy with the Indian Army committed suicide at the residence of his beloved at the police lines in Ghatkopar on Friday.
The deceased, Amol Landge (28), is a Sangli native, and had come to Mumbai to visit a female constable who stays in police lines.
When he did not come out of the bathroom for a long time, the constable found him hanging from the grills of an overhead window.
She called the police and Landge was rushed to Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar where he was declared dead on arrival. Inquiries indicated that Landge took the extreme step as he was unable to marry the constable.