Army Jawan hangs self over failed love affair
- Putin gets Russia Senate nod to use military in Ukraine
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Varanasi: Rahul woos rickshawpullers, promises better livelihood
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
Depressed over a failed love affair, a sepoy with the Indian Army committed suicide at the residence of his beloved at the police lines in Ghatkopar on Friday.
The deceased, Amol Landge (28), is a Sangli native, and had come to Mumbai to visit a female constable who stays in police lines.
When he did not come out of the bathroom for a long time, the constable found him hanging from the grills of an overhead window.
She called the police and Landge was rushed to Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar where he was declared dead on arrival. Inquiries indicated that Landge took the extreme step as he was unable to marry the constable.