Army Jawan hangs self over failed love affair
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani files nomination
Depressed over a failed love affair, a sepoy with the Indian Army committed suicide at the residence of his beloved at the police lines in Ghatkopar on Friday.
The deceased, Amol Landge (28), is a Sangli native, and had come to Mumbai to visit a female constable who stays in police lines.
When he did not come out of the bathroom for a long time, the constable found him hanging from the grills of an overhead window.
She called the police and Landge was rushed to Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar where he was declared dead on arrival. Inquiries indicated that Landge took the extreme step as he was unable to marry the constable.