Army men attack police naka party to take away seized car in J&K, FIR registered
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
The Jammu Kashmir Police on Sunday registered an FIR against nearly a dozen Army men including a major and a captain who attacked one of its naka party in border Rajouri district and forcibly drove away a private alto car which it had seized on charges of ``tainted glasses"; and ``without any documents".
Two of the Army officers have been identified as Major Utsav and his wife, Captain Urvi. Both were travelling in a private Alto car No. PB-08-9222 to Nowshera. Captain Urvi is posted as a doctor in ADS unit of the Army’s medical corps at Nowshera.
Sources said that the trouble erupted when a police naka party led by SHO Nowshera, Inspector Yashpal Jamwal, intercepted their Alto car as it had tainted glasses. As the inspector tried to remind them of the Supreme Court orders against the usage of tainted glasses, the Army Major started arguing with him making the former seize his vehicle.
At this, Major Utsav rang up someone in the Army and nearly a dozen Armymen in two gypsies came from nearby ADS unit. They started beating the police men with rifle buts and lathis and forcibly drove away the Alto car along with both their officers.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer