Army officer charred to death
- Former Maharashtra home minister RR Patil passes away at 58
- HC to Manjhi govt: Don't take decisions having financial implications
- Kiran Bedi writes an open letter, says 'relieved my parents were not alive to see this'
- 'Fever gone', Kejriwal's top five priorities as he takes charge of Delhi
- It would be 'Bhaag BJP Bhaag' in 2016, says TMC after bypoll win
An army officer belonging to the elite counter-insurgency unit was charred to death when a fire broke out in his camp in Bandipora district of Kashmir, officials said today.
Lt Colonel S Apte, second in command of counter -insurgency 5 Para unit of the army, died after fire engulfed four huts inside the camp in Bandipora, 35 kms from here, last night.
Other army personnel stationed in the camp are safe, the officials said.
A short circuit apparently triggered the fire. Army authorities are probing the incident.