Army officer charred to death
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
An army officer belonging to the elite counter-insurgency unit was charred to death when a fire broke out in his camp in Bandipora district of Kashmir, officials said today.
Lt Colonel S Apte, second in command of counter -insurgency 5 Para unit of the army, died after fire engulfed four huts inside the camp in Bandipora, 35 kms from here, last night.
Other army personnel stationed in the camp are safe, the officials said.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance