Army officer charred to death
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
An army officer belonging to the elite counter-insurgency unit was charred to death when a fire broke out in his camp in Bandipora district of Kashmir, officials said today.
Lt Colonel S Apte, second in command of counter -insurgency 5 Para unit of the army, died after fire engulfed four huts inside the camp in Bandipora, 35 kms from here, last night.
Other army personnel stationed in the camp are safe, the officials said.
A short circuit apparently triggered the fire. Army authorities are probing the incident.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18