Army officer charred to death
- Lalu Prasad's RJD splits as 13 MLAs quit party; likely to join Nitish's JD(U)
- Govt has decided to drop anti-piracy charges against Italian marines, Centre tells SC
- Rahul takes a dig at Modi, says BJP thinks one man can run the country
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
An army officer belonging to the elite counter-insurgency unit was charred to death when a fire broke out in his camp in Bandipora district of Kashmir, officials said today.
Lt Colonel S Apte, second in command of counter -insurgency 5 Para unit of the army, died after fire engulfed four huts inside the camp in Bandipora, 35 kms from here, last night.
Other army personnel stationed in the camp are safe, the officials said.
A short circuit apparently triggered the fire. Army authorities are probing the incident.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients