Army PRO, five others detained in drug haul
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
An Army Colonel posted as the Public Relations Officer in Imphal is among six persons detained by the Manipur police for allegedly ferrying drugs, worth between Rs 15-30 crore, to the Indo-Myanmar border.
Col Ajay Choudhury and five others — an associate manager of Indigo Airlines, a Territorial Army sepoy posted under the Colonel, and three civilians — were detained by a team of Manipuri commandos at Pallel in Chandel district on Sunday morning.
They were accused of ferrying pseudoephedrine, used for manufacturing heroin, in three vehicles, including the Colonel's official vehicle. Police suspect the Colonel had ferried drugs at least four times in the past.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment