Army recruitment rally between Jan 8 and13
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
An army recruitment rally will be held between January 8 and 13, next year, at the Guru Nanak Stadium, according to Colonel M S Mahar, director (recruitment) on Saturday. "We are expecting around 30,000 aspirants in all four categories including general soldier, soldier (technical), soldier (clerk) and storekeeper and soldier (nursing assistant). The rally is reserved for candidates from Ludhiana, Roop Nagar, Moga and SAS Nagar, while soldier (technical), soldier (clerk) and storekeeper and soldier (nursing assistant) category are open to all candidates from Punjab," he added. Col Mahar further said that January 8 will be reserved for the aspirants from Moga while January 9 and 10 will be reserved for aspirants from Ludhiana, Roop Nagar and SAS Nagar respectively. January 11 will be for candidates from across Punjab.
Ex-army man booked for forgery
A former Army personnel, Rajinder Singh of Kular village, has been booked for allegedly duping eight youth of Rs 8 lakh after promising to get them jobs in the Army. Police said he had also handed fake appointment letters to the eight youth. Rajinder had allegedly promised the youth that he would get them recruited without physical and written tests. He demanded Rs 1 lakh from each candidate. Police said the accused was already facing trial in two similar cases.