Army recruitment rally between Jan 8 and13
- Mandate reflects wisdom of Bihar, it's the defeat of intolerance: Nitish Kumar
- Man who helped build brand Modi, propped Nitish Kumar's campaign in Bihar
- Global media finds BJP's debacle in Bihar a setback for Modi
- Nitish to be Bihar CM, Lalu to launch nation-wide stir against Modi
- PM Narendra Modi congratulates Nitish Kumar, who says 'thank you'
An army recruitment rally will be held between January 8 and 13, next year, at the Guru Nanak Stadium, according to Colonel M S Mahar, director (recruitment) on Saturday. "We are expecting around 30,000 aspirants in all four categories including general soldier, soldier (technical), soldier (clerk) and storekeeper and soldier (nursing assistant). The rally is reserved for candidates from Ludhiana, Roop Nagar, Moga and SAS Nagar, while soldier (technical), soldier (clerk) and storekeeper and soldier (nursing assistant) category are open to all candidates from Punjab," he added. Col Mahar further said that January 8 will be reserved for the aspirants from Moga while January 9 and 10 will be reserved for aspirants from Ludhiana, Roop Nagar and SAS Nagar respectively. January 11 will be for candidates from across Punjab.
Ex-army man booked for forgery
- Bihar has been transformed from the graveyard of revolutions to a source of new hope
- Why is Singapore pushing liberal arts?
- Bihar polls may serve Modi a reminder of why he was voted to power
- Modi, Shah hype, lack of CM candidate, may have scuppered BJP's chances
- Across the aisle: Win or lose, Mr Modi will be on test in Bihar polls
- Reverse Swing: Narendra Modi's governance is a lost opportunity