Army recruitment rally for Vidarbha from Dec 1 in Chandrapur
- L-G Najeeb Jung's 'I am the govt' remark laughable, acting at PM's behest: Arvind Kejriwal
- Robert Vadra's Facebook post triggers BJP, Congress clash; House adjourned
- Scolded by Sonia, Shashi Tharoor gets praise from PM Modi
- RK Pachauri asked to step down, Ajay Mathur is new TERI chief
- PM's credibility declining, no discussion until Sushma steps down: Rahul
A five day Army recruitment rally is being held in Chandrapur for the benefit of youth from the region from December 1-5 and is likely to induct about 500 people during the camp, a top official said today.
Recruitment in soldier general duty, soldier clerk, soldier technical and solider technical (Nursing assistant) for youths from Akola, Bhandara, Washim and Nagpur would be carried on December 1 at Chanda Club ground, Chandrapur, said Col N S Bains, Director, Army Recruitment Centre, here.
He said Amaravati, Akola, Bhandara, Chandraupur, Gadchiroli, Gondia, Washim, Aardha, Yavatmal and Nagpur youth would be recruited for solder tradesman on December 2.
Similarly Chandrapur, Gadchiroli and Wardha boys will get opportunity on December 3 for soldier general duty, soldier clerk, soldier technical and soldier technical (nursing assistant) and December 4 is kept reserved for Amravati, Gondi and Yavatmal for same category recruitment. December 5 will be exclusively recruitment for son of ex-soldiers, son of widows, son of war widows and sportsmen of state and national level.
Youths above 17 and half years are eligible for recruitment. It will commence at 4 am every day and finish at 8 am, Col Bains added.