Army recruitment rally in Vidarbha from Dec 1
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A five-day army recruitment rally is being held in Chandrapur from December 1 to induct about 500 people, a top official said on Wednesday.
Col N S Bains, director, Army Recruitment Centre , said youth from Akola, Bhandara, Washim and Nagpur would be considered for posts of soldier (general duty), soldier (clerk), soldier (technical) and nursing assistant at a rally at Chanda Club ground on December 1.
He said Amravati, Akola, Bhandara, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Gondia, Washim, Wardha, Yavatmal and Nagpur youth would be recruited as solder tradesmen on December 2.
Chandrapur, Gadchiroli and Wardha boys will get an opportunity on December 3 to be recruited for soldier general duty, soldier clerk, soldier technical and nursing assistant.
December 4 has been reserved for Amravati, Gondia and Yavatmal for recruitment in same categories.
December 5 will be exclusively for sons of former soldiers, widows, war widows and state, and national-level sportsmen.