Army recruitment rally in Vidarbha from Dec 1
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
A five-day army recruitment rally is being held in Chandrapur from December 1 to induct about 500 people, a top official said on Wednesday.
Col N S Bains, director, Army Recruitment Centre , said youth from Akola, Bhandara, Washim and Nagpur would be considered for posts of soldier (general duty), soldier (clerk), soldier (technical) and nursing assistant at a rally at Chanda Club ground on December 1.
He said Amravati, Akola, Bhandara, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Gondia, Washim, Wardha, Yavatmal and Nagpur youth would be recruited as solder tradesmen on December 2.
Chandrapur, Gadchiroli and Wardha boys will get an opportunity on December 3 to be recruited for soldier general duty, soldier clerk, soldier technical and nursing assistant.
December 4 has been reserved for Amravati, Gondia and Yavatmal for recruitment in same categories.
December 5 will be exclusively for sons of former soldiers, widows, war widows and state, and national-level sportsmen.