Army recruitment rally in Vidarbha from Dec 1
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
A five-day army recruitment rally is being held in Chandrapur from December 1 to induct about 500 people, a top official said on Wednesday.
Col N S Bains, director, Army Recruitment Centre , said youth from Akola, Bhandara, Washim and Nagpur would be considered for posts of soldier (general duty), soldier (clerk), soldier (technical) and nursing assistant at a rally at Chanda Club ground on December 1.
He said Amravati, Akola, Bhandara, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Gondia, Washim, Wardha, Yavatmal and Nagpur youth would be recruited as solder tradesmen on December 2.
Chandrapur, Gadchiroli and Wardha boys will get an opportunity on December 3 to be recruited for soldier general duty, soldier clerk, soldier technical and nursing assistant.
December 4 has been reserved for Amravati, Gondia and Yavatmal for recruitment in same categories.
December 5 will be exclusively for sons of former soldiers, widows, war widows and state, and national-level sportsmen.