Army’s turn over, NDA likely to get new commandant from IAF in Jan
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Commandant of the National Defence Academy (NDA) Lt Gen Ashok Singh is likely to exit his office by the end of this month. It is reliably learnt that the New Year will begin with a new commandant taking over the academy — this time an Indian Air Force (IAF) officer of the Air Marshal rank.
While the NDA spokesperson refused to comment, sources said the farewell ofv was scheduled to take place at Sudan Block on December 29, while his successor would take over on January 1. The name of the IAF commandant-designate could not be confirmed.
The office of the NDA commandant is a staff appointment held alternately by officers of the three services of the rank equivalent to Lieutenant General. Lt Gen Singh's posting will thus mark end of the Army's turn — a relatively turbulent one — to hold the highest office of the academy.
The Indian Express was the first to report in July that Lt Gen Ashok Singh, who had commanded the Indian Army's prestigious Strike Corps, would be taking over the office of the NDA commandant following an untimely exit of his predecessor Lt Gen Jatinder Singh subsequent to a CBI inquiry into the alleged scam in the recruitment of Class C employees.
While Lt Gen A K Singh, the Southern Army Commander, will be retiring within a month, his next place of posting could not be confirmed.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today