Army short of over 32,000 soldiers: Antony to House
- Bulandshahr gangrape case: SC pulls up Azam Khan for calling the incident 'political conspiracy'
- Rajnath Singh to lead all-party team to Kashmir on September 4
- Banks, govt offices reopen, private cars back on roads as curfew lifted in most parts of Kashmir
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says won't resign from Rajya Sabha
- Scorpene Submarine data leak being viewed 'very seriously', says Navy chief
While the shortages in soldier strength seem to be glaring, the Army has at the same time managed to cut down the gap that had emerged in its officers cadre by over 2,000 over the past two years.
While the shortages in officer levels stood at 12,510 in 2010, Antony informed Parliament that the Army is short of 10,100 officers as of July 2012.
'54 missing defence personnel believed to be in Pak jails'
- Kashmiris must use fresh methods, free of radical Islam, free of violence
- Kalburgi, Pansare and Dabholkar melded modern sensibilities with tradition
- Islam does not discriminate in allowing entry to places of worship
- Modi and Obama should wrap up the unfinished tasks in the agenda set by them
- Strong intellectual property rights infrastructure will help Indian industry
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist