Army soldier commits suicide by hanging himself
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
An Indian Army soldier committed suicide on Wednesday after being fed up with his physical disability, a police official said.
Police said that Ajay Kumar (33), a resident of Anand district in Central Gujarat, was posted in Vadodara and had a slight physical disability in his legs.
His left leg, a police official said, was operated upon at the Army hospital in Vadodara before being shifted to an Army hospital in the Shahibaug Cantonment area.
Last night, he left hospital premises and hanged himself at a nearby construction site, the police said.
The body has been handed over to his family members, the police said, adding that they have registered a case of accidental death.