Army soldier commits suicide by hanging himself
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
An Indian Army soldier committed suicide on Wednesday after being fed up with his physical disability, a police official said.
Police said that Ajay Kumar (33), a resident of Anand district in Central Gujarat, was posted in Vadodara and had a slight physical disability in his legs.
His left leg, a police official said, was operated upon at the Army hospital in Vadodara before being shifted to an Army hospital in the Shahibaug Cantonment area.
Last night, he left hospital premises and hanged himself at a nearby construction site, the police said.
The body has been handed over to his family members, the police said, adding that they have registered a case of accidental death.