Army soldier commits suicide by hanging himself
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
An Indian Army soldier committed suicide on Wednesday after being fed up with his physical disability, a police official said.
Police said that Ajay Kumar (33), a resident of Anand district in Central Gujarat, was posted in Vadodara and had a slight physical disability in his legs.
His left leg, a police official said, was operated upon at the Army hospital in Vadodara before being shifted to an Army hospital in the Shahibaug Cantonment area.
Last night, he left hospital premises and hanged himself at a nearby construction site, the police said.
The body has been handed over to his family members, the police said, adding that they have registered a case of accidental death.