Army soldier commits suicide by hanging himself
- J&K: Five injured as Pak troops resort to heavy mortar shelling along LoC
- Two women killed, 10 injured in Puri Rath Yatra stampede
- Multi-storey building collapses in West Delhi, many feared trapped
- PM Narendra Modi calls maiden meet of NDA parties ahead of Monsoon session
- Drone shot down by Pakistan 'China made': Chinese state media
An Indian Army soldier committed suicide on Wednesday after being fed up with his physical disability, a police official said.
Police said that Ajay Kumar (33), a resident of Anand district in Central Gujarat, was posted in Vadodara and had a slight physical disability in his legs.
His left leg, a police official said, was operated upon at the Army hospital in Vadodara before being shifted to an Army hospital in the Shahibaug Cantonment area.
Last night, he left hospital premises and hanged himself at a nearby construction site, the police said.
The body has been handed over to his family members, the police said, adding that they have registered a case of accidental death.