Army to record evidence against TA man in custody
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
A day after it got custody of Abas Hussein Shah, a Territorial Army man arrested for the Machhil fake encounter, the army Thursday said it would soon record Summary of Evidence against him and his fellow accused.
Besides Shah, the Jammu and Kashmir Police had chargesheeted an army colonel, two majors, five soldiers and three civilians for the cold-blooded murder of three young men from Nadihal village in north Kashmir. Shehzad Ahmad, Riyaz Ahmad and Mohammad Shafi were lured by Shah and two counter-insurgents working for the security forces to Machhil, Kalaroos, near the Line of Control with the promise of money and jobs. There, according to the chargesheet, they were killed in a staged encounter by soldiers of 4 Rajputana Rifles and presented as foreign infiltrators.
"The custody of Abas Hussein Shah has been handed over to the army by the court. All the accused army personnel will now undergo through Summary of Evidence," Karnail Singh Wazir, the defence ministry's counsel in the case, said.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress