Army to record evidence against TA man in custody
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
A day after it got custody of Abas Hussein Shah, a Territorial Army man arrested for the Machhil fake encounter, the army Thursday said it would soon record Summary of Evidence against him and his fellow accused.
Besides Shah, the Jammu and Kashmir Police had chargesheeted an army colonel, two majors, five soldiers and three civilians for the cold-blooded murder of three young men from Nadihal village in north Kashmir. Shehzad Ahmad, Riyaz Ahmad and Mohammad Shafi were lured by Shah and two counter-insurgents working for the security forces to Machhil, Kalaroos, near the Line of Control with the promise of money and jobs. There, according to the chargesheet, they were killed in a staged encounter by soldiers of 4 Rajputana Rifles and presented as foreign infiltrators.
"The custody of Abas Hussein Shah has been handed over to the army by the court. All the accused army personnel will now undergo through Summary of Evidence," Karnail Singh Wazir, the defence ministry's counsel in the case, said.