Around town : Vintage car rally tomorrow
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
About a 100 cars and motorcycles will participate in a rally organised by Vintage and Classic Car Club of India Sunday morning. The rally will be flagged off at Horniman Circle. Participating vehicles will drive to Ballard Estate, Colaba, Marine Drive, Pedder Road, Worli, Shivaji Park, Dadar, Five Gardens and back. The first entry this year was of a 1931 Chrysler of Maharao of Kutch now owned by Madan Mohan of Delhi, said organiser Nitin Dossa. A Darracq model of 1905 would be the oldest car of the rally, he said. The vintage car rally happening for over 50 years in Mumbai is known to draw several Bollywood and corporate personalities.
Maid falls to death from 20th floor
Two days after she went missing, decomposed body of a 16-year-old Assamese maid was found on the awning of a multi-storey building along Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road Friday. Police said Hemali Das fell from 20th floor of Oberoi Towers and landed on concrete. Having come to the city for first time on February 3, she was unhappy and wanted to return to her parents. "Das was pushed or jumped off the balcony of the house. We are recording statements of her employers and have informed her parents," said Bhimrao Jadhav, senior inspector, Meghwadi police station.
Sweeper held for sex assault on boy
A railway colony sweeper was arrested Friday for allegedly sexually assaulting an eight-year-old boy. Police said the sweeper, Khalil Mehboob Shaikh (25) of Behrampada in Bandra, saw the boy at Bandra station at night and lured him with food. He took him to the terrace of building 210 in the colony in Kherwadi at 3 am and assaulted him. The sweeper has been booked under IPC and Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, and the child sent for medical examination.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore