Around town: 3-yr-old falls into drain, drowns
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Ghaziabad:A three-year-old boy drowned in an open drain in Shaheed Nagar, Sahibabad, on Friday afternoon. Sameer, was allegedly playing outside his home when he fell into the drain. The body was spotted half an hour after he fell. At a nearby hospital, he was declared dead on arrival.
Gunrunning racket busted, four arrested
New Delhi:Four persons were arrested by on the charge of supplying high-quality firearms to criminals in NCR. Police said these weapons were made in Munger, Bihar. The accused, identified as Mehraj Alam, Maqsood, Dhirender and Hemant, were arrested on Thursday. Eight pistols were recovered, police said.
Tug of war over a park in South Delhi
New Delhi:South Municipal Corporation has earmarked Udayshankar Park in the Chittaranjan Park area for its Officer's flats. This move has dismayed the area councillor as the park is often used for community functions by residents of CR Park, Greater Kailash I, Alaknanda and Kalkaji. Commissioner Manish Gupta said it is an open space and can be used by the corporation.
ASI exhibits artefacts
New Delhi:Archaelogical Survey of India has organised an exhibition showcasing landmark findings from all major historical periods of India, recovered from excavations in the last 50 years. A total of 307 objects are on display. The earliest artefacts in the exhibition are the prehistoric stone tools.