Around town: A Stitch Apart
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Elections LIVE 2014: Modi says Rahul, Sonia, Vadra, Priyanka (RSVP) model looted India
It's that time of the year again when Aparna's, a charitable trust from Madhuban, Karnal, makes its annual visit to the city. For lovers of cotton linen, frilly girlie frocks, intricately embroidered towel sets and cross-stitch adorned napkins, the exhibition is a huge draw. The organisation has been working for the empowerment of underprivileged rural women for more than 30 years now. It runs an income generation programme for rural women artisans of Haryana by training them in exquisite hand embroidery on items such as household linen, nightwear for women, baby linen and garments. Also for sale are bedspreads and household linen.
The exhibition is on at Hotel Aroma till February 17.