Around town: A Stitch Apart
- Eyes on UP prize, Modi set for Varanasi
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
- To beat poll code, first Jaya movie with MGR returns, angers DMK
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
It's that time of the year again when Aparna's, a charitable trust from Madhuban, Karnal, makes its annual visit to the city. For lovers of cotton linen, frilly girlie frocks, intricately embroidered towel sets and cross-stitch adorned napkins, the exhibition is a huge draw. The organisation has been working for the empowerment of underprivileged rural women for more than 30 years now. It runs an income generation programme for rural women artisans of Haryana by training them in exquisite hand embroidery on items such as household linen, nightwear for women, baby linen and garments. Also for sale are bedspreads and household linen.
The exhibition is on at Hotel Aroma till February 17.