around town: CBI Court acquits 6 in immigration case
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
A special CBI court on Saturday discharged all the accused who had allegedly sent 106 persons from Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh to the Gulf countries on alleged documents. On September 29, 2004, a city-based Protector of Emigrants and five more recruiting agents were booked by the Central Bureau of Investigation.