Around town: Dr R S Bedi elected IMA vice-president
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Dr R S Bedi, state president of IMA Chandigarh has been elected the national vice president of the Indian Medical Association.
Two arrested for attacking man with knife
Chandigarh: Two youths were arrested for allegedly attacking a man with a knife following an altercation with his son at Vikas Nagar in Mauli Jagran on Sunday. The victim, Chote Lal, was taken to the nearby hospital where he is presently recuperating.
Workshop on nutrition for liver diseases held
Chandigarh: A CME on nutrition in liver diseases was jointly organised by the Departments of Dietetics and Hepatology today. The workshop was inaugurated by Prof Y K Joshi, former Professor of Gastroenterology, AIIMS, New Delhi. Around 250 delegates participated in this meet.
Art of Living supports HC verdict against drugs
Chandigarh: After the Punjab and Haryana HC banned the production, storage and sale of typewriter correction fluid and nail-polish removers in bottles in July, the Art of Living foundation has pledged support to uproot drug abuse in the country.
Workshop on parasitic diseases to be held
Chandigarh: To mark the PGI golden jubilee celebrations, the Department of Parasitology will organise a two-day workshop on "Molecular Diagnosis for Parasitic Diseases: Conventional & Real Time PCR Techniques" on September 10-11.
Workshop on osteopathy organised at Fortis
Mohali: Fortis Hospital, Mohali, today organised a seminar cum workshop for surgeons and physiotherapists of the region, with renowned osteopath Dr Narkeesh Arumugam as the keynote speaker.
Pawan Bansal attends all India chemists' meeting
Chandigarh: The third All India Organisation of Chemists and Druggists (AIOCD) meeting hosted by the Chandigarh Chemist Association was held today in which Pawan Kumar Bansal, Union Minister of Parliamentary Affairs and Water Resources, was the chief guest. J.S Shinde, president of AIOCD, highlighted the day-to-day problems being faced by chemists from different part of the country.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer