Around Town: Rizvi to sponsor collegiate boxing
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Narendra Modi tukde-tukde kar dega: Rahul Gandhi
- EC notice to Azam for Kargil, other remarks
- Lok Sabha elections: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- April 9 Campaign roundup: Gujarat model "balloon" will burst the same way as 'India Shining', says Rahul
The curtain is set to go up on the Inter-Collegiate Boxing Competition (men and women) from today (Dec 6) at the Rizvi College of Arts, Science and Commerce. Around 300 men and 25 women will don boxing gloves and take to the ring in the five-day boxing tournament sponsored by Rizvi College.
The College at Carter Road (Bandra) is already brimming with confidence as their men are the defending champions.
There will be eleven weight categories in the men's section, while the women's weight group will be decided at the last minute depending on the number of eligible boxers.
Unofficial weigh-ins will commence at 7am, followed by official weigh-ins and medicals at 8am at Rizvi College.
"We are expecting a good crowd on all the days," said Rajesh Sonawane, Sports in-charge at Rizvi College.
"I'm sure home support will play a crucial role in giving our boxers that extra edge," he added.
Rohan slams ton
Rohan Shrivastav scored an unbeaten 120 for Western Railway against Mumbai Police in a Times Shield B Division game. Replying to the cops' first innings total of 249, the railmen piled on the runs to reach 335. Police were 38 for no loss in their second essay.
Mumbai Police 249 and 38 for no loss vs Western Railway A 335 (H. Bhoj Naik 79, Prasad Patil 52, Rohan Shrivastav 120 not out, Dhiren Salvi 67; Vinit Dhulap 5-79). Akbar Travels 202 and 48 for 2 vs Mumbai Custom 357 (R Singh 43, Y Dhumal 30, Bala Shirke 111, Ravi Shinde 80; Bharat Solanki 7-130). Serco Global 177 and 119 (S Agarwal 52; Ankush Jaiswal 5-26, Y Dhicholkar 3-46) vs Mumbai Port Trust 188 V Singh 58, S Shriwastav 35, S Dubey 35; D Khatri 3-78, B Pujari 3-10 and 65 for 1). B Arun Kumar 451 (P Gawli 65; N Katakdhond 6-140) vs Bank of India 314-6 (K Dubey 38, S Apte 85 not out, V Sarang 56). Future Group 205 and 31 for no loss vs Central Railway (P D'Shetty 52, Harshal Rawle 58, Salil Agarkar 39; J. Sheik 6-128).
- Narendra Modi invokes Sayajirao Gaekwad as he files nomination
- Maybe I’ll still get to 10,000 Test runs, says Kevin Pietersen
- Jet flight ‘vanished’ for 30 mins over Germany
- Anna sells first-timers NOTA option
- Narendra Modi mentions wife in poll affidavit for the first time
- Naveen record hunt is a tough one