- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
Godown collapses in Alipur, two dead
New Delhi:Two persons died and one was injured after an under-construction godown collapsed in Dhuliya Colony, Alipur, around 6 am on Sunday. Omprakash, a resident of Dhuliya colony was getting a godown built next to his house. Six labourers were working at the site. Two of them, Pintu (25) and Sharan Ram (25) were killed. Police said
they had registered a case against Omprakash.
Two held for robbery, snatching
New Delhi:Two persons were arrested for their alleged involvement in various robbery and snatching cases in the city, police said on Sunday. Sanjeev (32) and Naveen (28) were arrested from Hari Nagar after a 55-year-old woman complained that the duo had snatched her chain near Satnarayan Mandir on October 5. According to police, a gold chain, a country-made pistol and a knife were recovered from them. On October 12, Jaswant Kaur, a resident of Fateh Nagar, was going to a market when the bike-borne men robbed her gold chain at gunpoint.
Safety grills missing, FIR against builder
Gurgaon:The Gurgaon Police lodged an FIR against Unitech after a resident of Nirvana Country on Sohna Road said the builder had not made proper safety arrangements in the society. Devinder Singh Walia, a resident, said a few windows did not have safety grills. "Children play in this area and their lives are at risk," Walia said. Police have registered a case of endangering personal safety.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18