- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
Godown collapses in Alipur, two dead
New Delhi:Two persons died and one was injured after an under-construction godown collapsed in Dhuliya Colony, Alipur, around 6 am on Sunday. Omprakash, a resident of Dhuliya colony was getting a godown built next to his house. Six labourers were working at the site. Two of them, Pintu (25) and Sharan Ram (25) were killed. Police said
they had registered a case against Omprakash.
Two held for robbery, snatching
New Delhi:Two persons were arrested for their alleged involvement in various robbery and snatching cases in the city, police said on Sunday. Sanjeev (32) and Naveen (28) were arrested from Hari Nagar after a 55-year-old woman complained that the duo had snatched her chain near Satnarayan Mandir on October 5. According to police, a gold chain, a country-made pistol and a knife were recovered from them. On October 12, Jaswant Kaur, a resident of Fateh Nagar, was going to a market when the bike-borne men robbed her gold chain at gunpoint.
Safety grills missing, FIR against builder
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now