- Srinagar: Militants shoot dead 3 policemen in two separate attacks
- Tamil Nadu: Jaya sworn in as Chief Minister for consecutive second term
- India's RLV-TD launch: All you need to know about the reusable space shuttle
- Trade, transit links on table, but Pakistan will be back of mind for both India, Iran
- Kerala: Jawan found dead with gunshot wounds at naval base in Kochi
MC disconnects sewer connections
Ludhiana:The Ludhiana Municipal Corporation on Friday disconnected 15 sewer connections of dairies, which were allegedly throwing cattle dung directly into the sewer lines and thus were choking them.
The errant dairies were operational in Bhagat Singh Colony, Mahender Colony, Gajja Jain colony and Muslim Colony in ward number 15.
Waves cinema cancels shows
Ludhiana:Following the death of liquor baron and real estate developer Ponty Chadha, shows at Waves Cinemas, ownd by the liquor baron, have cancelled for 3 days. Chadha also owns a house in Sarabha Nagar and runs more than 30 liquor vends in Ludhiana city alone.
Sabha to hold meeting on Nov 24
- Supreme Court has rightly upheld criminal defamation law
- India’s democratic success is due to the EC, and the triumph of trust over cynicism
- President’s Rule must be abolished. Uttarakhand developments show why
- What President Pranab Mukherjee must say to Beijing
- Tony Cozier loved Caribbean cricket, brought the game alive for millions
- Chabahar test: An opportunity to India?