- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Minors detained for murder
New Delhi:Four minors were detained for murdering another minor in Northwest Delhi's Adarsh Nagar area earlier this week. Those detained are students who had killed the boy over the issue of a friend. Police said Shahrukh alias Jagga (17) was found murdered near a government school in the area on November 20. "A student told us that Shahrukh had a tussle with a group of boys over his friendship with a girl. There was a scuffle and Shahrukh was stabbed," DCP (Northwest) Karunakaran said.
Lokayukta wants GBU V-C sent on leave
Lucknow:Lokayukta N K Mehrotra, who is probing a complaint of alleged irregularities in the appointment of teachers and procurement of books by the Gautam Buddha University (GBU) in Greater Noida, has recommended that the university's Vice-Chancellor S R Lakha be sent on leave till the completion of the inquiry as he was creating obstacles. Mehrotra has sent the recommendation to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav who is also chancellor of GBU.
Noida corruption case transferred to CB-CID
Lucknow:The UP government has transferred the investigation the case of alleged embezzlement of over Rs 950 crore in Noida Authority to CB-CID. Former engineer-in-chief Yadav Singh and some officials of the department and owners of private firms are facing charges in the case which was being investigated by Noida police.