- Rafale deal: India sign agreement with France to acquire 36 fighter jets
- Subrata Roy set to go back to Tihar jail; SC declines to extend parole
- Explained: Restricting Pakistan's access to Indus easier said than done
- MNS-affiliate sets 48-hour deadline for Pakistani artists to leave India
- BJP-BDJS alliance in Kerala on verge of collapse hints leader
Walkathon held to mark World Diabetes Day
Chandigarh:The School of Public Health on Friday celebrated World Diabetes Day by organising a walkathon, in collaboration with Guru Harkrishan Model School and the Government Model High School, Sector 38, Chandigarh. The walkathon started from near the Guru Harkrishan Model School to Civil Dispensary, Sector 38, Chandigarh. World Diabetes Day raises global awareness of diabetes and how to prevent the illness.
Retired Armyman booked for carrying pistol illegally
Chandigarh:The UT police registered a case on the complaint of Lt Col Retired Haripal Singh Gill, Directorate Defence Services Welfare who alleged that Sukhwant Singh, a resident of Tarantarn, also retired from the Indian Army, threatened him with a loaded pistol he was carrying which contained thirteen live cartridges. He is also alleged to have disobeyed the order of District Magistrate as he did not have a permit to bring his weapon into Chandigarh.
One of the police officials said that the accused had come to Chandigarh for a departmental inquiry. However, when his seniors realised that he is carrying a pistol, they informed the police.
Construction worker falls to death
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now
- Gau rakshak vs Make in India
- Pope Francis’ message is one that India and Pakistan must hear
- Dengue & chikungunya can be tackled via swift surveillance, sustained controls
- TV channels tossed violent suggestions as casually as a peanut in the mouth