- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
Walkathon held to mark World Diabetes Day
Chandigarh:The School of Public Health on Friday celebrated World Diabetes Day by organising a walkathon, in collaboration with Guru Harkrishan Model School and the Government Model High School, Sector 38, Chandigarh. The walkathon started from near the Guru Harkrishan Model School to Civil Dispensary, Sector 38, Chandigarh. World Diabetes Day raises global awareness of diabetes and how to prevent the illness.
Retired Armyman booked for carrying pistol illegally
Chandigarh:The UT police registered a case on the complaint of Lt Col Retired Haripal Singh Gill, Directorate Defence Services Welfare who alleged that Sukhwant Singh, a resident of Tarantarn, also retired from the Indian Army, threatened him with a loaded pistol he was carrying which contained thirteen live cartridges. He is also alleged to have disobeyed the order of District Magistrate as he did not have a permit to bring his weapon into Chandigarh.
One of the police officials said that the accused had come to Chandigarh for a departmental inquiry. However, when his seniors realised that he is carrying a pistol, they informed the police.
Construction worker falls to death
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say