- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
Three arrested for kidnapping minor girl
Chandigarh:The UT police arrested a gang of three who allegedly kidnapped a minor from Khuda Lahora. The 14-year-old girl was allegedly taken to Madhya Pradesh (MP) from where the three accused were arrested and the girl was recovered. One of the police officials said that the girl and the three accused are daily wagers. The three accused say that the 14-year-old girl went to MP with her consent and was supposed to get married to one of the accused, Bhagwan Das, aged 22. The other two arrested by the police were identified as Ranjit, aged 23, and Mamta, aged 35. A complaint was made with the UT police on October 25 by the parents of the girl. She was made to undergo a medical examination according to which it was found she was raped. However the girl refused to go with her parents and was sent to Nari Niketan.
PGI prof wins award
Chandigarh:Dr Surinder Rana, Assistant Professor, Department of Gastroenterology at PGIMER has been awarded the ISG-J Mitra Endoscopy Award 2012 of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology for his outstanding contributions and research in the field of gastrointestinal endoscopy. This award was given to him at the 53rd annual conference of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology held at Jaipur. Dr Rana's main areas of research are therapeutic endoscopy, endoscopic ultrasound and its applications in the field of pancreaticobiliary disorders.
St Paul's Intnl School holds annual function
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages