- BJP's mission UP: Modi heads to Varanasi, Joshi gets Kanpur and Rajnath goes to Lucknow
- Missing flight MH370: Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Aam Aadmi Party fundraiser collects Rs 50 lakh, Arvind Kejriwal quizzed about attack on media
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Manish Tewari unlikely to contest Lok Sabha polls
No New year parties after midnight
Ludhiana:City Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh, on Saturday, announced that 'no parties will be allowed after 12 on December 31 and no loudspeakers after 10 pm. No liquor in parties will be served and prior permission is to be taken from Commissioner's officer to organise any party on Dec 31. Singh also said complaints lodged by women will be heard on a priority basis.
Residents protest at ex-councillor's house
Ludhiana:The residents of J block Sarabha Nagar held a protest in front of the house of former councillor Varsha Rampal on Saturday. The protest was after Kripal Singh, who is the former councillor's neighbour, accused Rampal's tenant of misbehaving with him on Friday evening. On Saturday residents and friends of Kripal Singh gathered in front of the house and protested. The former councillor, however, said neighbours often fight "and the matter should not be hyped."
Rehri vendors call off agitation
Ludhiana:With the chairman of the market committee Ajmer Singh Lakhowal threatening to replace striking vendors if they continue with their agitation, the vendors called of their strike on Saturday. Lakhowal also pointed out that fee collection from the rehri and pherri vendors has already been outsourced.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Devyani Khobragade’s reindictment is ‘aggression’ against India: Her father
- Rahul Gandhi dubs poll surveys as ‘jokes’
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’