- Rs 870 crore money trail: Why the Bhujbals are under scanner
- SC allows 'Make in India' event at Mumbai beach, PM to inaugurate
- Pawar defends Bhujbals, says Fadnavis govt indulging in vendetta politics
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit
- Indian helicopters helped war against militants in Afghanistan: US General
No New year parties after midnight
Ludhiana:City Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh, on Saturday, announced that 'no parties will be allowed after 12 on December 31 and no loudspeakers after 10 pm. No liquor in parties will be served and prior permission is to be taken from Commissioner's officer to organise any party on Dec 31. Singh also said complaints lodged by women will be heard on a priority basis.
Residents protest at ex-councillor's house
Ludhiana:The residents of J block Sarabha Nagar held a protest in front of the house of former councillor Varsha Rampal on Saturday. The protest was after Kripal Singh, who is the former councillor's neighbour, accused Rampal's tenant of misbehaving with him on Friday evening. On Saturday residents and friends of Kripal Singh gathered in front of the house and protested. The former councillor, however, said neighbours often fight "and the matter should not be hyped."
Rehri vendors call off agitation
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism