- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Ex-Armyman resists robbery bid, shot at
New Delhi:An ex-Armyman was shot at by three men when he resisted their robbery attempt in a scrap godown in Mundka, West Delhi, on Saturday night. The victim, Ashok, is a former Armyman and lives in Jhajjar in Haryana. "Ashok has been working as a security guard in the godown after his retirement. One of the accused fired at him before escaping. Ashok received a bullet injury in his stomach and was rushed to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital, where he is recuperating,"a senior police officer said.
Girl beaten up, wounded, police yet to confirm rape
New Delhi:A minor girl was allegedly raped and beaten up by unidentified persons in Kapashera, Southwest Delhi, five days ago. An eight-year-old girl was found injured in her house. "Upon medical examination, doctors could not rule out rape or sexual assault as she had severe wounds on her private parts. Since rape could not be confirmed, she was referred to a gynaecologist," an officer said. A case has been registered.
Two held for selling fake electrical goods
New Delhi:The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Delhi Police have arrested two persons for counterfeiting electrical goods and packaging material of leading multinational brands, causing loss to the government exchequer. Kamal Malhotra, owner of a showroom, and Rajender Singh, a business partner, were arrested after a raid in Bhagirath Place, Chandni Chowk, Central Delhi.