- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani files nomination
Ex-Armyman resists robbery bid, shot at
New Delhi:An ex-Armyman was shot at by three men when he resisted their robbery attempt in a scrap godown in Mundka, West Delhi, on Saturday night. The victim, Ashok, is a former Armyman and lives in Jhajjar in Haryana. "Ashok has been working as a security guard in the godown after his retirement. One of the accused fired at him before escaping. Ashok received a bullet injury in his stomach and was rushed to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital, where he is recuperating,"a senior police officer said.
Girl beaten up, wounded, police yet to confirm rape
New Delhi:A minor girl was allegedly raped and beaten up by unidentified persons in Kapashera, Southwest Delhi, five days ago. An eight-year-old girl was found injured in her house. "Upon medical examination, doctors could not rule out rape or sexual assault as she had severe wounds on her private parts. Since rape could not be confirmed, she was referred to a gynaecologist," an officer said. A case has been registered.
Two held for selling fake electrical goods
New Delhi:The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Delhi Police have arrested two persons for counterfeiting electrical goods and packaging material of leading multinational brands, causing loss to the government exchequer. Kamal Malhotra, owner of a showroom, and Rajender Singh, a business partner, were arrested after a raid in Bhagirath Place, Chandni Chowk, Central Delhi.