- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
PANCHKULA: District and Sessions Judge, Ravi Kumar Sondhi, on Monday listed the murder case of a Hoshiarpur girl involving Doon MLA, Ram Kumar Chaudhary, on July 25 for framing of charges. On the same day, the arguments on the revision petition filed by the MLA against the orders of the lower court denying him bail will also be held.
Three arrested for killing man
Chandigarh: Chandigarh Police on Monday arrested a man for conspiring in the murder of a Hallomajra resident. In the wee hours of the morning, Sonu, one of three accused in the murder of Vinod, was arrested. On Sunday, the police had booked three persons for allegedly murdering Vinod with a knife. It had arrested Raj Kumar and his wife Archana, while Raj Kumar's cousin Sonu was on the run.
Man fires gun by accident, roommate hurt
Chandigarh: Chandigarh Police arrested a security guard working at the Punjab and Haryana High Court, after he allegedly fired at his roommate – a constable posted at Indian Reserve Battalion, by accident. According to the police, the accused Jitender Kumar was loading his weapon – a 0.38 revolver, when his room mate, Krishan Kumar was sleeping. While Jitender was loading the weapon, he accidentally clicked on the trigger and a fire was shot on Krishan's back. A case has been registered against the accused under Section 336 and 337 of the Indian Penal Code and Section 27, 45 and 59 of the Arms Act at Mani Majra police station.
Residents pelt police with stones, booked
PANCHKULA: Police fired gunshots in the air after some residents of Raipurani resisted its bid to arrest a robber and pelted stones on the police party. The arrests were finally made late Sunday evening. More than 50 people were booked for attacking the police party of 10-12 personnel even as residents alleged that police assaulted some of them and also picked up a local boy without informing the family about the reason for his arrest.
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: An important shift in India’s climate diplomacy
- My book tries to chronicle a difficult India-Pak peace process
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner