Arrived on Friday, raped thrice till Saturday: Woman
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Cops arrest 2, third suspect on the run.
A 20-year-old woman from Nepal has alleged that after she arrived in the city on Friday, she was raped by two men, in the evening and then the same night, and by another man in the early hours of Saturday.
Nagpada police have arrested two men and are conducting further inquiries.
The Nagpada police, in collaboration with a local NGO, raided a lodge in Kamathipura area and rescued the 20-year-old woman. The police conducted the raid based on a tip-off that a woman was being held in the lodge to be sold into the flesh trade later this week.
However, the victim revealed to the police that she had reached Bihar from Nepal on Thursday and had arrived in Mumbai on Friday by Pawan Express, after which she made her way to Kamathipura, where her husband works in a bag manufacturing unit.
There, she could not find her husband but met one of his friends Zulfikar Sheikh (26), who also works at a similar bag manufacturing unit.
"Sheikh took her to his residence where he forced himself on her between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm on Friday. He then took her to Baby Garden area in Kamathipura, where Nepal natives gather regularly. There, a man who called himself Zulfikar's friend convinced her to go to a lodge with him, and raped her on Friday night. He took her back to Baby Garden and abandoned her," said Addl CP (Central region) Praveen Salunke.
The victim then called one of her relatives, who also runs a bag manufacturing unit in Nagpada, who met her at Baby Garden and took her to the CST so that she could return home. However, she could not get a train and the relative left her in the care of one of his employees, identified as Pervez Sheikh (20). Pervez convinced her to go to a guest house with him instead of spending the night at the railway station, and allegedly raped her in the guest house after which he fled.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed