Art in the Other Mumbai
- Delhi HC refuses to interfere, odd-even scheme to continue till January 15
- With backing of ISI, JeM rises like a phoenix in Pakistan
- SC suggests harsher punishment for persons convicted of raping children
- Pathankot attack: NSA Ajit Doval denies saying talks with Pakistan cancelled
- Malda violence: BJP MPs stopped from visiting violence-hit Kaliachak
A new art festival aims to reach out to patrons in Navi Mumbai.
Art festivals, usually confined to South Mumbai and pockets of Bandra, will move to the other end of the city this month. The five-day Navi Mumbai Art Festival, which starts on January 24, is an initiative to provide an outlet to the artists in Navi Mumbai. "We want to project Navi Mumbai as a potential artscape of the city. Most people staying here are the working class, but there are artists too, who may not have received the right exposure. This festival is an attempt to create a buzz for the art enthusiasts who reside in this part," says Achyut Pallav, one of the organisers and a calligraphist himself.