Art museum opens in mall, looks forward to footfalls
- After slamming govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Modi at 7RCR
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at Centre, says MHA notification politically motivated
- Death toll climbs to 1412 as intense heat wave continues
- India wanted Bofors remark of President retracted: Swedish daily
- Extra-Constitutional authorities were really wielding power in UPA: PM
Nalini Malani and Sudarshan Shetty bring us up to speed with art that is extremely contemporary and there are younger artists like Ranjana Shettar and Jitish Kallat who represent the here and now.
Each room or partition showcases one or two large work by one or two artists so there is no sense of crowding, while the lighting gives each work a luminous glow.
"I do not have a favourite work but I am happy to see works like Saurashtra return to their motherland," says Nadar.
Given the value of the artworks housed here, the place is crawling with security guards, and visitors will have to leave their bags behind while entering this art space.
The museum will be open 10.30 am to 6.30 pm on all days except Mondays and government holidays.