Art museum opens in mall, looks forward to footfalls
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Nalini Malani and Sudarshan Shetty bring us up to speed with art that is extremely contemporary and there are younger artists like Ranjana Shettar and Jitish Kallat who represent the here and now.
Each room or partition showcases one or two large work by one or two artists so there is no sense of crowding, while the lighting gives each work a luminous glow.
"I do not have a favourite work but I am happy to see works like Saurashtra return to their motherland," says Nadar.
Given the value of the artworks housed here, the place is crawling with security guards, and visitors will have to leave their bags behind while entering this art space.
The museum will be open 10.30 am to 6.30 pm on all days except Mondays and government holidays.