Art museum opens in mall, looks forward to footfalls
- Centre slashes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 2; Delhi rates go up due to VAT
- PM Modi launches Skill India, says war against poverty will be won
- Indian Army says drone shot down by Pak not its
- CBI arrests Karnataka Congress MLA Anil Lad in illegal mining case
- Swati Maliwal not even remotely connected to me: Kejriwal on DCW row
Nalini Malani and Sudarshan Shetty bring us up to speed with art that is extremely contemporary and there are younger artists like Ranjana Shettar and Jitish Kallat who represent the here and now.
Each room or partition showcases one or two large work by one or two artists so there is no sense of crowding, while the lighting gives each work a luminous glow.
"I do not have a favourite work but I am happy to see works like Saurashtra return to their motherland," says Nadar.
Given the value of the artworks housed here, the place is crawling with security guards, and visitors will have to leave their bags behind while entering this art space.
The museum will be open 10.30 am to 6.30 pm on all days except Mondays and government holidays.