Arun Jaitley attacks Sonia, Rahul on Virbhadra issue
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Launching a blistering attack on Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi for their "silence" over allegations of corruption against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, BJP on Sunday dared the state government to give its consent for CBI inquiry into these charges.
"The Congress Party and Virbhadra Singh have decided to brazen out the allegations of corruption. Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi will hide behind silence," Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley today said on his blog.
Noting that the Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister has dared anyone to either lodge an FIR against him or to prove the allegations of corruption, Jaitley said that his letter to the CBI Director on December 29 in this regard constitutes an FIR.
"In order to investigate the same, the consent of the State Government under section 6 of the Delhi Special Police (Establishment) Act is required.
"I dare the State Government of Himachal Pradesh to give
its consent so that an investigation into these allegations
can also take place," he said. Jaitley's hard hitting remarks on the Congress leadership came amid indications that Congress has decided to fight out the issue backing Virbhadra Singh and dubbing the allegations as part of Opposition's conspiracy against him.
The BJP leader said two allegations against the Himachal
Pradesh Chief Miniser is already being investigated by the CBI
as per his understanding.
It is the third allegation relating to his dealings with a power company which now requires to be "investigated and proved", Jaitley said.
He alleged that Singh, his family members and their company have received interest free loan from the promoter of a power company, which had transactions with the Himachal Government.
The state government had at a given point of time passed
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2