Arun Jaitley attacks Sonia, Rahul on Virbhadra issue
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: Raina departs after scoring valiant half-century
Launching a blistering attack on Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi for their "silence" over allegations of corruption against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, BJP on Sunday dared the state government to give its consent for CBI inquiry into these charges.
"The Congress Party and Virbhadra Singh have decided to brazen out the allegations of corruption. Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi will hide behind silence," Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley today said on his blog.
Noting that the Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister has dared anyone to either lodge an FIR against him or to prove the allegations of corruption, Jaitley said that his letter to the CBI Director on December 29 in this regard constitutes an FIR.
"In order to investigate the same, the consent of the State Government under section 6 of the Delhi Special Police (Establishment) Act is required.
"I dare the State Government of Himachal Pradesh to give
its consent so that an investigation into these allegations
can also take place," he said. Jaitley's hard hitting remarks on the Congress leadership came amid indications that Congress has decided to fight out the issue backing Virbhadra Singh and dubbing the allegations as part of Opposition's conspiracy against him.
The BJP leader said two allegations against the Himachal
Pradesh Chief Miniser is already being investigated by the CBI
as per his understanding.
It is the third allegation relating to his dealings with a power company which now requires to be "investigated and proved", Jaitley said.
He alleged that Singh, his family members and their company have received interest free loan from the promoter of a power company, which had transactions with the Himachal Government.
The state government had at a given point of time passed
orders favouring the company. The BJP leader said that the facts prima facie "establish" that the loaned money is used for buying shareholding in other group companies of the lender.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota