Arun Jaitley convinced I am innocent, says P J Kurien
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
"It was done because I had filed a Rs 25-lakh defamation suit against the girl and then chief minister (E K Nayanar who edited party mouthpiece Deshabhimani that had listed him as an accused). I won the case in lower court. They went for appeal in the high court. Then Nayanar passed away. I had to sue the girl alone and so I withdrew the case," he said.
"Three inquiries, one during UDF and two during LDF regime, exonerated me. The SC examined the issue twice and ruled in my favour. This (latest allegations) is just an attempt to tarnish me and pressure me into resigning. Why should I? There is nothing against me. Somebody will benefit if I resign," he said.
- US panel wary of Modi rise
- Return pharmacists to drug stores, end queues: Govt
- Minority panel works on logo, structure to include Jains
- Festival makes performers of Assam’s politicians
- Child’s death in 1997: Delhi High Court upholds 4-yr jail for quack
- Orissa ponzi scam surpasses that of Bengal by Rs 2,140 cr