Arun Jaitley convinced I am innocent, says P J Kurien
- L-G expresses disappointment over Kejriwal's remark on PM, says will clear Swati Maliwal as DCW chief
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad after CBI rejects plea
- Union Agriculture Minister lists 'love affairs, impotency' as causes for farmer suicides
- Asaram witness murder case: UP govt recommends CBI probe in Akhil Gupta's death
- Haryana Health Minister catches CID man 'spying' on his office, threatens to resign
"It was done because I had filed a Rs 25-lakh defamation suit against the girl and then chief minister (E K Nayanar who edited party mouthpiece Deshabhimani that had listed him as an accused). I won the case in lower court. They went for appeal in the high court. Then Nayanar passed away. I had to sue the girl alone and so I withdrew the case," he said.
"Three inquiries, one during UDF and two during LDF regime, exonerated me. The SC examined the issue twice and ruled in my favour. This (latest allegations) is just an attempt to tarnish me and pressure me into resigning. Why should I? There is nothing against me. Somebody will benefit if I resign," he said.