Arun Jaitley convinced I am innocent, says P J Kurien
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
"It was done because I had filed a Rs 25-lakh defamation suit against the girl and then chief minister (E K Nayanar who edited party mouthpiece Deshabhimani that had listed him as an accused). I won the case in lower court. They went for appeal in the high court. Then Nayanar passed away. I had to sue the girl alone and so I withdrew the case," he said.
"Three inquiries, one during UDF and two during LDF regime, exonerated me. The SC examined the issue twice and ruled in my favour. This (latest allegations) is just an attempt to tarnish me and pressure me into resigning. Why should I? There is nothing against me. Somebody will benefit if I resign," he said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today